CoverMe Student Plan- Who Can Apply?
Who Can Apply?
CoverMe Travel insurance for Students is for full-time or post-doctoral students under the age of 55, attending a recognized institute of learning, who are:
- - international students studying in Canada 入境加拿大的国际学生;
- - Canadian students studying abroad; or 加拿大学生前往海外学习；
- - Canadian students studying in Canada but outside their principal province of residence; 加拿大学生前往居住地外的省份学习；
The dependant(s) and/or the spouse ( ) named on the application and residing with a covered student are also covered under this insurance.
To be eligible for coverage, you must be:
- - a full-time student with proof of admission or enrolment in a recognized institute of learning; or
- - a student completing post-doctoral research in a recognized institute of learning.
You must also meet some basic medical requirements. You are eligible for coverage if:
- - You are not travelling contrary to medical advice;
- - You do not require kidney dialysis;
- - You have not used home oxygen anytime during the twelve (12) months prior to the date of application;
- - You have not been diagnosed with a terminal illness with less than two (2) years to live.
Please note that anyone you wish to include under Family Coverage must also meet these eligibility requirements.
Coverage between semesters:
If you stay at your destination between semesters, you can re-apply for coverage as long as you have proof of enrolment in the following semester.
Note: To be eligible, any Canadian student must be covered under a Canadian provincial or territorial government health insurance plan. It is your responsibility to ensure continued coverage under the government health insurance plan of your province/territory of permanent residence.